- Next Review Date: none
- Last Review Date: 2008-2009 Review Cycle - 81st Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2008-2009 Review Cycle, 81st Legislative Session
- Summary of Results (Jul 2009)
- Final Report (Jul 2009)
- Report to the 81st Legislature Agency Section (Feb 2009)
- Self-Evaluation Report (Jun 2007)
- House Bill 2546 (May 2009)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
The Legislature adopted all of the Sunset Commission’s recommendations and added one statutory modiﬁcation to House Bill 2546. The bill continued the Texas Military Preparedness Commission as an independent board administratively tied to the Governor’s Texas Economic Development and Tourism Office and clariﬁed the Commission’s role in the administration of the Texas Military Revolving Loan Fund Program. The list below summarizes the major provisions of House Bill 2546.
- Continues the Texas Military Preparedness Commission as an independent board administratively tied to the Governor’s Texas Economic Development and Tourism Office, and clarifies its role in the Texas Military Value Revolving Loan Fund Program.
- Expands the DEAAG program beyond job creation to include job retention.
- Requires the Commission to advocate for the preservation and expansion of missions and capabilities of military reserve bases.
- Expands DEAAG program eligibility to include a political subdivision having powers similar to defense base development authorities.