This agency is currently inactive. An agency can be labeled inactive if it has been abolished, had a title change, was merged into a different agency or split into different agencies. See Agency History on the right for further information.
Next Review Date: None
Last Review Cycle: 2014-2015 Review Cycle - 84th Legislative Session
Final Results of Last Sunset Review
The following material summarizes results of the Sunset review of TCPPD, including management actions now directed to TWC that do not require statutory changes. For additional information see the Texas Council on Purchasing from People with Disabilities Staff Report with Final Results.
Abolishment and Transfer
- Abolishes the Texas Council on Purchasing from People with Disabilities.
- Transfers oversight and administration of the State Use Program to TWC.
- Subjects TWC’s administration of the program to Sunset review in 2021 to align its review with the Sunset reviews of the state’s other purchasing programs.
Program Goals and Evaluation
- Requires TWC to set goals, objectives, and specific performance measures for the program, as well as CRP certification standards.
- Directs TWC and the comptroller’s office to work with the central nonprofit agency to study the cost to the State of continuing to administer the State Use Program. (management action – nonstatutory)
- Directs TWC to re-evaluate the process for conducting CRP compliance monitoring. (management action – nonstatutory)
Advisory CommitteeRequires TWC to establish an advisory committee to help set program goals and CRP certification standards. Specifies the committee consists of 13 members appointed by TWC, including:
- four representatives from participating CRPs;
- four representatives from organizations that advocate for people with disabilities;
- the executive commissioner of the Health and Human Services Commission or designee; and
- four people with disabilities, two of whom are employed by a CRP that participates in the program.