Next Review Date: None
Last Review Cycle: 2012-2013 Review Cycle - 83rd Legislative Session
Sunset Documents for 2012-2013 Review Cycle, 83rd Legislative Session
Summary of Results (Jul 2013)
Final Report with Legislative Action (Jul 2013)
House Bill 1685 (May 2013)
Final Results of Last Sunset Review
The following material summarizes results of the 2012-2013 Sunset review of the Act. The material includes provisions made through House Bill 1685 (83R). For additional information see the Self-Directed Semi-Independent Agency Project Act Sunset Final Report with Legislative Action.
- Continues the SDSI Act, removing the Act’s project status and separate Sunset date.
- Expands the data in the current reports required by agencies subject to the SDSI Act.
- Clarifies provisions of general law that do not conflict with SDSI status apply to the project agencies.
- Clarifies that agencies subject to the Act must use the Comptroller to make all payments, except for direct payments to the Safekeeping Trust Company from each agency’s Trust Company account.
- Requires agencies subject to the Act to remit all administrative penalties to General Revenue.
- Requires agencies subject to the SDSI Act to pay the cost of their Sunset review.
- Clarifies that authorized scholarship fees do not have to be remitted to the State.