- Next Review Date: none
- Last Review Date: 2012-2013 Review Cycle - 83rd Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2012-2013 Review Cycle, 83rd Legislative Session
- Summary of Results (Jul 2013)
- Final Report with Legislative Action (Jul 2013)
- Report to the 83rd Legislature Agency Section (Feb 2013)
- House Bill 1685 (May 2013)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
The following material summarizes results of the 2012-2013 Sunset review of the Act. The material includes provisions made through House Bill 1685 (83R). For additional information see the Self-Directed Semi-Independent Agency Project Act Sunset Final Report with Legislative Action.
- Continues the SDSI Act, removing the Act’s project status and separate Sunset date.
- Expands the data in the current reports required by agencies subject to the SDSI Act.
- Clarifies provisions of general law that do not conflict with SDSI status apply to the project agencies.
- Clarifies that agencies subject to the Act must use the Comptroller to make all payments, except for direct payments to the Safekeeping Trust Company from each agency’s Trust Company account.
- Requires agencies subject to the Act to remit all administrative penalties to General Revenue.
- Requires agencies subject to the SDSI Act to pay the cost of their Sunset review.
- Clarifies that authorized scholarship fees do not have to be remitted to the State.