- Next Review Date: 2030-2031 Review Cycle - 92nd Legislative Session
- Last Review Date: 2018-2019 Review Cycle - 86th Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2018-2019 Review Cycle, 86th Legislative Session
- Senate Bill 607 (Jun 2019)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
- Specify the Veterans’ Land Board (VLB) is subject to Sunset review, but not abolishment, again in 2031.
- Direct VLB and General Land Office (GLO) staff to work together to develop and require regular training for staff involved in the VLB contracting process to effectively monitor contracts. (Management action – nonstatutory)
- Direct VLB to work with GLO to further develop written policies outlining clear authority over the board’s contracting functions, including the roles of project management and other program staff. (Management action – nonstatutory)
- Direct VLB and GLO to develop a framework for program staff to identify significant contract compliance issues and a clear process for requiring the reporting and documenting of these issues for review. (Management action – nonstatutory)
- Direct VLB to develop and adopt written policies establishing criteria for all levels of contract review, including board review of contracts over $1 million. Additionally, direct VLB to receive briefings from the GLO Director of Contract Management at least once a year regarding the status of all contracts under $1 million. (Management action – nonstatutory)
- Update the standard across-the-board requirements related to board member training and policies to separate policymaking and staff functions.
- Continue the VLB loan reporting requirement.
- Update VLB’s statute to reflect the requirements of the person-first respectful language initiative.
- Direct VLB to ensure stakeholders have access to board information and the public has an opportunity to appear before the board by May 1, 2019. (Management action – nonstatutory)
- Direct VLB to track complaint data and make the complaint process accessible to the public by March 15, 2019. (Management action – nonstatutory)