Next Review Date: 2028-2029 Review Cycle - 91st Legislative Session
Last Review Cycle: 2016-2017 Review Cycle - 85th Legislative Session
Final Results of Last Sunset Review
- Clarify UCRA’s territory, boundaries, and board makeup to accurately reflect its jurisdiction.
- Extend UCRA’s Sunset review date to 2029. River authorities are subject to review, but not abolishment under the Sunset Act.
- Direct UCRA to work with local partners to identify priorities and develop strategies to meet changing watershed needs. (Management action – nonstatutory)
Standard Review Elements Applied to All River Authorities
- Transparency. Require opportunities for public testimony at board meetings and direct river authorities to implement additional best practices to improve openness and transparency.
- Good Government Standards. Apply good government standards to river authorities’ governing laws to promote accountability, clarity, and best practices.
- Compliance with TCEQ Rules. Direct SRBA and UCRA to comply with TCEQ rules by adopting required administrative policies.