This agency is currently inactive. An agency can be labeled inactive if it has been abolished, had a title change, was merged into a different agency or split into different agencies. See Agency History on the right for further information.
- Next Review Date: none
- Last Review Date: 2004-2005 Review Cycle - 79th Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2004-2005 Review Cycle, 79th Legislative Session
- Summary of Results (Jul 2005)
- Report to the 79th Legislature Agency Section (Feb 2005)
- Staff Report (Oct 2004)
- Licensing Reorganization Project (Oct 2004)
- Self-Evaluation Report (Aug 2003)
- Senate Bill 403 (May 2005)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
Senate Bill 403 continued the Texas State Board of Examiners of Perfusionists (the Board) and contained all of the Sunset Commission’s recommendations to replace the Governor- appointed Perfusionist Board with an advisory committee, and to improve the Department’s licensing and enforcement processes. The list below summarizes the major provisions of Senate Bill 403.
- Replaces the independent, Governor-appointed Perfusionist Board with an advisory committee.
- Conforms key elements of perfusionist licensing and regulatory functions to commonly applied licensing practices.
- Continues regulation of perfusionists with an advisory committee at the Department of State Health Services for 12 years.