This agency is currently inactive. An agency can be labeled inactive if it has been abolished, had a title change, was merged into a different agency or split into different agencies. See Agency History on the right for further information.
- Next Review Date: none
- Last Review Date: 2004-2005 Review Cycle - 79th Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2004-2005 Review Cycle, 79th Legislative Session
- Summary of Results (Jul 2005)
- Report to the 79th Legislature Agency Section (Feb 2005)
- Staff Report (Oct 2004)
- Licensing Reorganization Project (Oct 2004)
- Self-Evlauation Report (Aug 2003)
- House Bill 1535 (Jun 2005)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
House Bill 1535 continued the Texas Midwifery Board (the Board) for 12 years and contained all of the Sunset Commission’s recommendations on the Board. The list below summarizes the major provisions of House Bill 1535.
- Conforms key elements of the Board’s licensing and regulatory functions to commonly applied licensing practices.
- Changes the statutory designation of documented midwife to licensed midwife.
- Adds greater representation of midwives to the Midwifery Board.
- Continues regulation of midwives at the Department of State Health Services for 12 years.