This agency is currently inactive. An agency can be labeled inactive if it has been abolished, had a title change, was merged into a different agency or split into different agencies. See Agency History on the right for further information.
- Next Review Date: none
- Last Review Date: 2004-2005 Review Cycle - 79th Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2004-2005 Review Cycle, 79th Legislative Session
- Summary of Results (Jul 2005)
- Report to the 79th Legislature Agency Section (Feb 2005)
- Staff Report (Oct 2004)
- Self-Evaluation Report (Aug 2003)
- House Bill 2274 (May 2005)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
House Bill 2274 continued the Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation (TG) for 12 years and contained the Sunset Commission’s recommendations to improve TG’s accountability to its Board and its interaction with state agencies. The Legislature adopted all of the Sunset Commission’s recommendations. The list below summarizes the major provisions of House Bill 2274.
- Continues the Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation for 12 years, and increases the size of TG’s Board to 11 members.
- Requires TG’s Internal Auditor to report to the Board of Directors.
- Requires relevant state agencies to coordinate with TG on outreach activities tied to financial aid for higher education, and directs TG to report to the Legislature on the demand for financial aid in Texas.
- Requires state licensing agencies to provide TG with lists of licensees so that TG can better identify individuals with defaulted student loans.