This agency is currently inactive. An agency can be labeled inactive if it has been abolished, had a title change, was merged into a different agency or split into different agencies. See Agency History on the right for further information.
Next Review Date: None
Last Review Cycle: 1988-1989 Review Cycle - 71st Legislative Session
Senate Bill 531 (Jun 1989)
Final Results of Last Sunset Review
Senate Bill 531 contained the statutory recommendations of the Sunset Commission for the State Property Tax Board. A comparison of the introduced with the final versions of the bill shows that the final legislation contains all of the recommendations proposed by the Sunset Commission. All standard sunset across-the-board recommendations proposed by the commission were included in the final bill. A list of the major provision of Senate Bill 531 follows.
- Increases public representation on Board.
- Authorizes entrance for appraisals.
- Establishes a Technical Advisory Committee.
- Revises fees for certificates of service.
- Links performance audits for appraisal districts to appraisal practices.