This agency is currently inactive. An agency can be labeled inactive if it has been abolished, had a title change, was merged into a different agency or split into different agencies. See Agency History on the right for further information.
- Next Review Date: none
- Last Review Date: 1988-1989 Review Cycle - 71st Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 1988-1989 Review Cycle, 71st Legislative Session
- Staff Evaluation (Jun 1988)
- Senate Bill 531 (Jun 1989)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
Senate Bill 531 contained the statutory recommendations of the Sunset Commission for the State Property Tax Board. A comparison of the introduced with the final versions of the bill shows that the final legislation contains all of the recommendations proposed by the Sunset Commission. All standard sunset across-the-board recommendations proposed by the commission were included in the final bill. A list of the major provision of Senate Bill 531 follows.
- Increases public representation on Board.
- Authorizes entrance for appraisals.
- Establishes a Technical Advisory Committee.
- Revises fees for certificates of service.
- Links performance audits for appraisal districts to appraisal practices.