- Morgan Constantino, Project Manager
- Agency website: https://comptroller.texas.gov/programs/education/
- Next Review Date: 2032-2033 Review Cycle - 93rd Legislative Session
- Last Review Date: 2020-2021 Review Cycle - 87th Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2020-2021 Review Cycle, 87th Legislative Session
- Senate Bill 702 (May 2021)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
- Continue the Prepaid Higher Education Tuition Board for 12 years.
- Ensure only the board, not its statute, is subject to abolishment.
- Authorize the board to appoint advisory committees by rule and provide further direction related to establishing advisory committees in rule.
- Update the standard across-the-board requirement related to board member training.
- Update the standard across-the-board requirement related to developing and maintaining a complaints system and making information on complaint procedures available to the public. Specify the board may not inform parties of the status of complaints if doing so would jeopardize an ongoing investigation.
- Direct the board to update its websites to provide more user-friendly information, including information about the board and its operations. (Management action – nonstatutory)