This agency is currently inactive. An agency can be labeled inactive if it has been abolished, had a title change, was merged into a different agency or split into different agencies. See Agency History on the right for further information.
- Next Review Date: none
- Last Review Date: 2008-2009 Review Cycle - 81st Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2008-2009 Review Cycle, 81st Legislative Session
- Summary of Results (Jul 2009)
- Final Report (Jul 2009)
- Report to the 81st Legislature Agency Section (Feb 2009)
- Self-Evaluation Report (Sep 2007)
- Senate Bill 1005 (May 2009)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
The Legislature adopted all of the Sunset Commission’s recommendations on the Polygraph Examiners Board and added minor statutory changes to Senate Bill 1005. The bill abolished the Board and transferred its functions to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. A summary of the major provision in Senate Bill 1005 appears below.
- Transfers the regulation of polygraph examiners to the Department of Licensing and Regulation, and standardizes licensing and enforcement provisions in the Act.