Next Review Date: None
Last Review Cycle: 2016-2017 Review Cycle - 85th Legislative Session
Final Results of Last Sunset Review
- Reclassify PDRA as a local water district and remove it from Sunset review.
- Authorize one or more members to withdraw from or dissolve PDRA, but only if its members agree and ongoing obligations are met.
- Repeal PDRA’s unused authority to imprison people for violating its regulations.
- Authorize PDRA to lease land for hunting, recreation, or renewable energy purposes.
Standard Review Elements Applied to All River Authorities
- Transparency. Require opportunities for public testimony at board meetings and direct river authorities to implement additional best practices to improve openness and transparency.
- Good Government Standards. Apply good government standards to river authorities’ governing laws to promote accountability, clarity, and best practices.
- Compliance with TCEQ Rules. Direct SRBA and UCRA to comply with TCEQ rules by adopting required administrative policies.