- Next Review Date: 2030-2031 Review Cycle - 92nd Legislative Session
- Last Review Date: 2018-2019 Review Cycle - 86th Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2018-2019 Review Cycle, 86th Legislative Session
- Senate Bill 625 (Jun 2019)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
- Specify NRA is subject to Sunset review, but not abolishment, again in 2031.
- Require NRA to adopt a formal, written five-year strategic plan and engage in a regular strategic planning process, and require this plan to be made public record online.
- NRA should take action to prepare for future retirements and workforce changes. (Management action – nonstatutory)
Standard Review Elements Applied to All River Authorities
- Direct river authorities to implement additional transparency best practices related to their websites, record retention, and financial information. (Management action – nonstatutory)
- Make changes to GBRA, RRA, and NRA’s governing laws to facilitate future codification of those laws, such as grammatical fixes and updating outdated references.
- Apply good government standards to river authorities’ governing laws to promote accountability, transparency, and best practices relating to board practices, public testimony, complaint information, and alternative dispute resolution.
- Direct RRA and NRA to develop a policy to ensure all professional services contracts are reviewed every five years, and to frequently compile vendor lists and best value practices for cost savings. (Management action – nonstatutory)
- Direct RRA to comply with Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) rules by adopting policies related to contracting, nepotism, and granting money or property. (Management action – nonstatutory)
- Direct GBRA and RRA to adopt a formal, written five-year strategic plan and post this plan publicly online. (Management action – nonstatutory)