Robert Romig, Project Manager
Next Review Date: 2032-2033 Review Cycle - 93rd Legislative Session
Last Review Cycle: 2020-2021 Review Cycle - 87th Legislative Session
Final Results of Last Sunset Review
- Specify the Brazos River Authority (BRA) is subject to Sunset review, but not abolishment, again in 2033.
- Direct BRA to develop and adopt an objective process and evaluation criteria for prioritizing its projects. (Management action – nonstatutory)
- Direct BRA to provide clearer information on project progression and expenditures to its board and the public. (Management action – nonstatutory)
- Direct BRA to involve its board of directors more directly in developing its strategic plan. (Management action – nonstatutory)
- Direct BRA to develop a public engagement policy for water supply projects. (Management action – nonstatutory)
Direct BRA to adopt objective criteria for awarding professional services contracts and document the basis for award decisions. (Management action – nonstatutory)
Direct BRA to evaluate and document vendor performance. (Management action – nonstatutory)
Direct BRA to improve its contracting processes to ensure sufficient transparency and fairness, including publishing on its website the conflict-of-interest statements of the members of the vendor evaluation committees. (Management action – nonstatutory)
Governance and Organizational Best Practices
- Apply the standard across-the-board requirements related to grounds for removal of a board member, board member training, separating policy making and staff functions, and public testimony.
- Apply the standard across-the-board requirement related to developing and maintaining a complaints system and making information on complaint procedures available to the public. Specify BRA may not inform parties of the status of complaints if doing so would jeopardize an ongoing investigation.
- Direct BRA to more comprehensively plan and monitor its efforts to increase workforce diversity. (Management action – nonstatutory