- Next Review Date: 2020-2021 Review Cycle - 87th Legislative Session
- Last Review Date: 2008-2009 Review Cycle - 81st Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2008-2009 Review Cycle, 81st Legislative Session
- Summary of Results (Jul 2009)
- Final Report (Jul 2009)
- Report to the 81st Legislature Agency Section (Feb 2009)
- Self-Evaluation Report (Aug 2007)
- House Bill 3391 (Jun 2009)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
The Legislature adopted all of the Sunset Commission’s recommendations and added four statutory modiﬁcations to House Bill 3391. The bill continued the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) for 12 years. The list below summarizes the major provisions of House Bill 3391.
- Requires the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to create a list of aquatic plants that may be imported and possessed within Texas without a permit.
- Requires state agencies with statewide authority that receive TPWD’s comments on proposed projects or permits to respond to TPWD on the disposition of those comments.
- Establishes an Internal Affairs Office in statute, requiring the Office to report to the Parks and Wildlife Commission, and granting the Commission authority to initiate cases.
- Authorizes the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission to join the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact on behalf of the State of Texas.
- Instructs TPWD and the Texas Youth Commission to jointly seek representation by the Attorney General to pursue a modiﬁcation of the Parrie Haynes Trust to designate TPWD as the state agency responsible for the Parrie Haynes Ranch and Trust.
- Continues TPWD for 12 years.
- Expands the types of funds that may be deposited into TPWD GR-Dedicated accounts.
- Allows the sale of products made from certain game animals.
- Allows the hunting of pigeons in private bird hunting areas.
- Grants emergency rulemaking authority.