- Next Review Date: 2024-2025 Review Cycle - 89th Legislative Session
- Last Review Date: 2012-2013 Review Cycle - 83rd Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2012-2013 Review Cycle, 83rd Legislative Session
- Summary of Results (Jul 2013)
- Final Report with Legislative Action (Jul 2013)
- Report to the 83rd Legislature Agency Section (Feb 2013)
- Self-Evaluation Report (Sep 2011)
- Senate Bill 204 (Jun 2013)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
The following material summarizes results of the 2012-2013 Sunset review of the Board, including statutory changes made through Senate Bill 204. For additional information see the Texas Board of Professional Engineers Sunset Final Report with Legislative Action.
- Requires the Board to adopt clear policies governing the testing process and removes a specific testing requirement that limits flexibility in how future testing is administered.
- Requires the Board to conduct fingerprint-based criminal background checks to review complete federal and state criminal history information on all applicants and current licensees.
- Prohibits the Board from collecting the $200 professional fee before applicants satisfy licensing requirements as Professional Engineers.
- Increases the Board’s administrative penalty authority from $3,000 to $5,000 per violation per day for violations of the Engineering Practice Act or Board rules.
- Authorizes the Board to suspend a license on an emergency basis for actions that present an immediate harm to the public.
- Grants cease-and-desist authority to the Board for the unlicensed practice of engineering.
- Continues the Texas Board of Professional Engineers for 12 years.