- Next Review Date: 2020-2021 Review Cycle - 87th Legislative Session
- Last Review Date: 2008-2009 Review Cycle - 81st Legislative Session
Sunset Review Documents for 2008-2009 Review Cycle, 81st Legislative Session
- Summary of Results (Jul 2009)
- Final Report (Jul 2009)
- Report to the 81st Legislature Agency Section (Feb 2009)
- Self-Evaluation Report (Aug 2007)
- House Bill 1580 (May 2009)
Final Results from Last Sunset Report
The Legislature adopted the Sunset Commission recommendations and added several provisions to House Bill 1580. The bill continued the Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation and provided additional ﬂexibility and authority to the Foundation and TDA in the continued ﬁght against boll weevils. The list below summarizes the major provisions of House Bill 1580.
- Continues the Texas Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation for 12 years.
- Provides the Foundation ﬂexibility in the collection and use of grower assessments to meet the changing nature of boll weevil eradication eﬀorts.
- Provides the Texas Department of Agriculture and the Foundation with additional tools to manage volunteer and hostable cotton.
- Modifies the deﬁnition of “cotton grower.”